DLCA CHANGES OPERATING PROCEDURES TO CURB SPREAD OF COVID-19
Commissioner Richard T. Evangelista is notifying the public that the Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs(DLCA) is committed in the safety and prevention of the spread against COVID19.
"Protection of our internal and external customers is DLCA’s upmost importance" stated Commissioner Evangelista. "Social distancing is one of the measures suggested by health officials to fight the spread of this disease and it will take all of us to do this."
As such, DLCA implements the following to better serve the business community and consumers:
- The DLCA has suspended direct face to face contact with the public until Friday, April 3rd, 2020. However, you may call DLCA’S Switchboard at 340.713.DLCA(3522) or 340.714.DLCA(3522). Our receptionist will assist you with scheduling an appointment for DLCA to contact you and assist you with your inquires.
- Utilize DLCA’s online website at www.dlca.vi.gov for business license renewals or applying for a new business license. A licensing officer will call or respond via email within 24-48 hours. Please have your unique six (6) digit control number available when the licensing officer calls.
- Schedule an appointment a call back. DLCA licensing officers will now be implementing appointment times to better serve your needs. This will give the business owner uninterrupted personal time with their licensing officer.
- File consumer complaints online. Consumers can now file a complaint through our online website at www.dlca.vi.gov. A consumer compliance officer will call you within 24 hours to schedule an in-house or telephone appointment on a case to case basis. You may also call at 340-713-3522 on St. Croix; 340-714-3522 on St. Thomas or 340-693-8036 on St. John to schedule your appointment or discuss your case.
- The PSI testing center located in the St. Croix office is closed until further notice.
- You may also reach us at email@example.com or follow us on Facebook @dlcavi. For official information on Coronavirus Disease, text COVID19 at 888777 or www.doh.vi.gov.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs is operating with a reduce workforce. We ask for your patience and understanding as we serve you during this time.
The DLCA plans to reopen on Monday, April 6th, 2020 at 8:00 am Eastern Standard Time, barring unforeseen circumstances.
We apologize for the inconvenience and again, thank you for your understanding.